#sundayART: Trees

The next installment of #sundayART! This week's prompt was trees, and I chose to draw a couple buds from the tree right outside my window. I decided to break out the colored pencils, which took me a few minutes just to find. Used to be my best/favorite medium back in high school...can't remember using them in the last 6 years though. All in all came out ok, but I think I would have preferred working larger...it was too small to fit in all the detail I wanted. Also I am definitely not used to my colored pencils anymore, had a hard time mixing colors.

1-2 hours. Prismacolor, slight touch ups with white acrylic and photoshop. 7.5" x 3.5"

For those of you keeping track, you may have noticed I missed last week's prompt. I've been really busy, but I do have every intention of finishing it...it's just going to be late. I have some ideas, but I don't love any of them yet, so I'm still playing around. Stayed tuned, maybe I will get it up soon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts