#sundayART: Object

The next installment of #sundayART! This week's prompt: object. I chose some cowboy boots (reference image here). The plan is for this to eventually be a charcoal drawing because I think there's a lot of really great texture in the photo that lends itself really well to charocal. Also I want to practice charcoal a little more; I'm really feeling the whole getting-my-hands-dirty-while-I-work thing right now.

One of my favorite artists, Andrew Wyeth, did a couple of paintings of boots (one called "Sea Boots" and another that was a self portrait) that I absolutely love. This is actually the second time his work has inspired me to draw some boots...the first was for a school assignment a few years ago. The prompt was winter and you can check it out here!

Simple pencil line art. 8.5" x 11"

Comments

Popular Posts