My sister at the vineyard



So yesterday I went to an art museum with my family and saw a bunch of Wyeth paintings (Howard Pyle, N.C. Wyeth, Andrew Wyeth, and Jamie Wyeth) which were spectacular. Instead of feeling inspired, however, I had a mini art crisis where I freaked out about my life and my art and how I'm not doing a good job being an artist (just look how often I have something new to post...not often) blah, blah, blah.

To help calm myself down, and prove that I haven't lost all artistic ability, I did these two drawings, which I planned to use as the lines for two related watercolor paintings. Not sure when that is going to happen (I'm horrible at watercolor...of all my choices why would I pick that?), but the lines turned out ok, so I am feeling a little bit better/more confident. They are cropped a bit as the sketches were too big for my scanner, and I can't stand the face on the left drawing (it's supposed to be my sister...but she is way prettier than that), but overall I am pretty satisfied.

Pencil on newsprint. 11 x 11 each

Comments

Popular Posts