WIP - Untitled


Started something new today.

For awhile now I have been itching to get back into painting, particularly with oils. The problem is I don't really have a good set-up for oils here...and I know you aren't supposed to just wash that stuff down the drain. I am thinking about asking a local artist/family friend if I can paint in her studio for a few days since she is an oil painter herself.

For now though, I will just have to settle for having finished the linework/underpainting. It is just brown watercolor on 10" x 10" canvas, and I am anxious to start putting some color down. I was going to wait until I finished to post on here, but if I am being honest I have no idea when that will be so I decided to just post the work in progress. Hope you like it!

Also, slight side note: one of the reasons I was suddenly encouraged to pick my brush back up today was thanks to this wonderful artist. Check out the piece called "Memories smell like flowers." It is especially beautiful, and I'm hoping one day to paint like this. Guess I better start practicing!

Comments

Popular Posts