Jaclyn



Two posts in one day??? Unheard of! What can I say, I haven't been doing enough art lately so I had an art binge today. I really wanted to work on the piece I started earlier, but as I don't have space set up for oils, I started a new piece instead. I was inspired by this beautiful charcoal drawing - it's really just amazing. It took me some time to find my charcoal (I haven't used it in over 4.5 years - yikes!) and I have to say I am disappointed at how out of practice I am. There is just something about this that I don't like that much - I think it may be the eyes. I tried to fix it with color, but I think I like that even less. Even so, it is of someone important to me, so I am posting it anyway so she can see. I think part of my problem is that I am less patient than I used to be. I want to make a fantastic piece of work, and I want to make it quickly. That's not usually how it works for me, and this piece illustrates that. I need to put more time into my work.

Comments

Popular Posts