All The Things I Never Said (Part II)





Some of you may remember my digital painting All The Things I Never Said. I was looking at it the other day while brainstorming and got the idea for a collaborative journal piece. I painted All The Things I Never Said when I was struggling with keeping a lot of my thoughts and feelings to myself for various reasons. I thought it might be nice to have a collaborative book project where anyone can share the things that have been weighing on their mind with the security of anonymity. There are couple rules I have for participating, but overall it is meant to be a pretty open space for people to get things off their chest, and share it anonymously with others. At least that's the general idea. I made this book from scratch with the intention of using it for this project. It is 5.5"w x 8.5"h. The cover was made using book board and three different decorative papers. The textblock is 32lb ivory-colored paper. There are six signatures for a total of 120 pages bound using the buttonhole/longstitch method described here. I found this blog the other day and honestly have not been able to stop looking at it. Dennis's work is really great.

Comments

Popular Posts