Penumbral


An alternate title for this piece could be "What Kelsey Does on Maternity Leave." I started it back in 2020 when I was on leave for the first time, itching to do some figurative practice and try out a more painterly style on my iPad. Then I went back to work and things got busy and I never finished. I picked it back up this year when I was on maternity leave again and I think it's finally in a place where I'm ready to call it done. 100% in Procreate, although I still haven't gotten comfortable with the paint brushes, so most of the detail work is done using the pencil brush. I worked from this lovely reference, available on Amazon of all places. Check out the video to see a timelapse of the whole process!

I'm playing around with a couple of ideas, so I may revisit this in the future, but I'm guessing it might be awhile before I find some time for that. Stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts