When Every Leaf is a Flower

So I started this back in Sept and just finished it up today. For my second colored pencil drawing in YEARS, I think I was a bit ambitious with the subject matter. I chose to do a portrait of a beautiful friend of mine and I am afraid I did not do her justice. Colored Pencil is not a friendly medium for hair I've found. I also had some trouble getting the values I wanted. Maybe I just need more practice. Either way, I photographed my drawing and edited it in Photoshop to help get the look I wanted. Bottom image is the raw drawing (Prismacolor on paper) and the top image is a mixed media piece with the colored pencil drawing and some digital painting in Photoshop.

The title is from this quote by Albert Camus: “Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.”

Comments

Popular Posts