Contemplate


I was looking through some of Matthew Woodson's artwork last night on google. He's is absolutely amazing--one of my favorites. His work just speaks to me and I feel like I can really connect/relate to it. As always, when I looked through his work I was really inspired by his style, so I decided to give it a try. Not nearly as good as his...but I think I'm mostly satisfied. I started with a pencil sketch, inked with Sharpie, and then scanned and colored in Photoshop. It's technically a self portrait, but I took a lot of liberty with my appearance for this piece. Done in a couple hours on the first free Saturday afternoon I've had in awhile.
On another note: I just took a personality test for work and it labeled me as "Most Contemplative." I thought the pose in this piece lends itself to that title pretty well. Not to mention Woodson's work and style always make me very reflective and contemplative about myself and life.

Comments

Popular Posts