A Book of Japanese Proverbs



Well it has been far, far too long since I've posted something on here. I was hoping I'd have some artwork to share by now...but all I have is another book. Not that that's a bad thing. I love making books. This one is a birthday gift for my sister. It is Japanese themed and contains a selection of Japanese proverbs and sayings that I found online. It's 9.25" wide and 3.75" high. The cover is made from book board, decorative papers, and ribbon, while the text block is a mixture of gold vellum, pink vellum, and standard computer paper. I made a few measuring mistakes along the way, but I managed to fix them all without too much trouble. Overall I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out since I put the whole thing together in about half a day.

Comments

Popular Posts