The Unfastened Heart (Part II)



A few hours ago I walked into the kitchen where my sister and her friend were baking a pie and was struck with the idea for this cover design. It is my second attempt at designing a cover for Lane Von Herzon's The Unfastened Heart (the first can be viewed here) and I am satisfied with it. It's not quite what I had in my mind when I started, but I am happy with the results, and I think it has the simplistic but compelling graphic quality I was aiming for. I think I prefer this design over the first one I did, but I do still have a soft spot for both of them. Both designs have certain qualities that I like. Thanks to my sister for putting on a sundress and modeling for me even though the temperature in the house is less than warm right now! The line work is a pencil sketch, inked and scanned in. The color is watercolor.

Comments

Popular Posts